Sunday, September 15, 2013

Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid SPF15

I have acne prone skin and after seeing my dermatologist, she said that I should be using an oil free moisturizer to avoid clogged pores. I went on Sephora and used the filter option to search for an oil free moisturizer and the Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid SPF15 came up as one of the results.

The product comes in a squeeze tube which I enjoy since it is more hygienic than any jar packaging that you have to dip your fingers in. I also enjoy the size of the opening as it is quite small and allows more control of how much product you want to squeeze out.



As for the product itself, I did not enjoy it at all. I was under the impression that I was purchasing a moisturizer so when I first used the product, I was surprised that a beige color came out of the tube but was a little relieved when it blended out clear as a moisturizer should. I had to use quite a lot of product in order to get enough product for my entire face. It did not seem to moisturize my face at all as my face would feel quite dry a few minutes after as if I did not apply any moisturizer.

 

This led me to believe that it is not intended to be used as a moisturizer alone since it says "day perfecting fluid" so I thought maybe it would be better as a tinted moisturizer with a moisturizer underneath. I was wrong, as there is no coverage or any noticeable difference with or without the product.



To me, this is a useless product. It does not give me the hydration I need as a moisturizer or any properties of a tinted moisturizer. I don't understand what this product is intended for. Maybe it would work for oily skin people that do not need any help with moisturizing but for my normal combination skin, this just did not do anything. The directions say to "Apply in the morning to face and neck, either by itself or after your Vinoperfect serum" and I tried both ways (I also have the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting) to try to make the product work for me as it is on the pricier side but failed. This product also has a particular scent that I do not really care for. It smells closely to the natural ingredients products like Origin. I am more used to the floral scents in lines such as Chanel. This was the first Caudalie product that I tried and am highly disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment