Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Gloss & Dior Nail Glow

I recently purchased the Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Gloss and the Nail Glow from Sephora since I really enjoy the Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm.

The Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Gloss



I didn't think this gloss was very special. It doesn't differ from any of the other Dior Addict lip glosses in any aspect besides the fact that the color is clear and then turns hue. The color itself is a nice bright pink on my lips, adding a nice pick me up color. The color lasts pretty long because even after wiping it off, it leaves a bright tint. The scent is similar to the balm version in that it has a slight minty smell. It seems to achieve the same glow as the balm as well. I prefer the balm just because the gloss is quite tacky. The gloss also seems to plump your lips slightly as with all glosses but for a lip plumper I would prefer the Dior Lip Maximizer Collagen Activ. Below I am wearing the Lip Glow Gloss and the mentioned lip product comparisons are swatched.

 

 

The Dior Nail Glow



I was hesitant to buy this since it seemed like something a clear base or top coat could accomplish but after seeing some swatches online, it seemed like a great alternative to bare nails. I have very damaged weak nails so I try to avoid applying nail polish too often. Also any time that I do apply nail polish, I am too lazy to remove it even after the abundant chipping. Then all that comes into focus while I am typing, are those chips. Not to mention it is quite embarrassing having people stare at the chips. It feels like they are judging those small flaws! The polish made my nails look cleaner than bare nails and it is a polish that even after it chips, there is no need to rush to remove it since it is not at all noticeable besides a slight sheen in certain lighting. The polish also has the longest staying power of all the nail polishes I have tried from Chanel, Dior, OPI, Essie, Deborah Lippmann, and Butter London. The polish lasted about a week without any chipping. Although the pink tint does begin to disappear.
 

Hopefully this review was helpful!

1 comment:

  1. Great review!!! Now I know which to choose: THE BALM!! <3

    ReplyDelete